Friday, June 8, 2007

Doveh Bono... er Banyo: The First Day



We arrive, get our bags, find Randall, and take off in taxis toward our hotel called the San Gallo Palace on Piazza Liberta. The hotel is so nice that we even have jets in the showers!!! FUN! The hotel is pretty sweet, but the view is much nicer.




After settling down I went out with AJ, Rachel and Ilana to tour the city a bit. We try our first gelato and I must admit that I have had gelato everyday since.





Afterwards we go back to the hotel and at this time it's 6 o'clock. Keep in mind that we are expected to meet down in the lobby at 7....






Well AJ and I wake up and take a taxi to meet up with the group at the restraunt a little bit later than 7....

Meanwhile, I go to ask for the restroom and
having understood the word is bono go to ask the waiter. Well, the waiter begins to laugh as I repeat insistently, "Doveh bono"?" Until finally he understands and asks, "Banyo"????"
Apparently I had asked for the good.... not the restroom.

No comments: