Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Andiamo Ragatzi

This blog is out of order right now... mainly because I felt it might be more important to show the interesting videos of the Hareh Krishna parade (I know my mom and dad will love to see those) that took place in the Piazza della Signoria. oh and a picture for the parents of me near the duomo taken right outside of the Piazza Della Duomo. Not sure what Hareh Krishna has to do with Judaism or the Jews of Italy, but I shall investigate!


And the visit around town.... I hope you enjoy the video of the Harry Krishna and bells of the town. I can't imagine how hareh krishna came to Italy, but it's fascinating. The sign is read:


Hare Krishna Hare Krishna
Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare

According to Wikipedia, "The Hare Krishna mantra, also referred to reverentially as the Maha Mantra ("Great Mantra"), is a sixteen-word Vaishnava mantra made well known outside of India by the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (commonly known as 'the Hare Krishnas')[1]. It is believed by practitioners to bring about a higher state of consciousness when heard, spoken, meditated upon, or sung out loud"





Unfortunately the up close video of the parade is not working on youtube... but I hope you enjoyed the church bells and the hareh krishna parade...

No comments: